External nameservers issues

Hello everyone.
thanks in advance for the help. i have many problems but i will be dropping it one at a time. pls i need a direct answer and help to rectify this issues.

Glue records

i m using gandi.net after all is done i still have plenty errors on the mailinabox
beow is the details:

Summary

box.hippoel.info

:heavy_multiplication_x:
Nameserver glue records are incorrect. The ns1.box.hippoel.info and ns2.box.hippoel.info nameservers must be configured at your domain name registrar as having the IP address 154.56.61.157. They currently report addresses of [Not Set]/[Not Set]. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change.

This domain must resolve to your box’s IP address (154.56.61.157 / 2a02:4780:10:1158::1) in public DNS but it currently resolves to [Not Set] / [Not Set]. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change. This problem may result from other issues listed above.

Your box’s reverse DNS is currently [Not Set], but it should be box.hippoel.info. Your ISP or cloud provider will have instructions on setting up reverse DNS for your box.
The nameservers set on this domain are incorrect. They are currently [Not Set]. Use your domain name registrar’s control panel to set the nameservers to ns1.box.hippoel.info; ns2.box.hippoel.info.

:heavy_multiplication_x: This domain is listed in the Spamhaus Domain Block List (code 127.0.1.2), which may prevent recipients from receiving your mail. See http://www.spamhaus.org/query/domain/box.hippoel.info.
:heavy_multiplication_x: The TLS (SSL) certificate for this domain is currently self-signed. You will get a security warning when you check or send email and when visiting this domain in a web browser (for webmail or static site hosting).
:heavy_multiplication_x: autoconfig.box.hippoel.info: This domain should resolve to your box’s IP address (A 154.56.61.157) if you would like the box to serve webmail or a website on this domain. The domain currently resolves to [Not Set] in public DNS. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change. This problem may result from other issues listed here.
:heavy_multiplication_x: autodiscover.box.hippoel.info: This domain should resolve to your box’s IP address (A 154.56.61.157) if you would like the box to serve webmail or a website on this domain. The domain currently resolves to [Not Set] in public DNS. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change. This problem may result from other issues listed here.
:heavy_multiplication_x: The nameservers set on this domain are incorrect. They are currently [Not Set]. Use your domain name registrar’s control panel to set the nameservers to ns1.box.hippoel.info; ns2.box.hippoel.info.
:heavy_multiplication_x: This domain’s DNS MX record is not set. It should be ‘10 box.hippoel.info’. Mail will not be delivered to this box. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change. This problem may result from other issues listed here.
:heavy_multiplication_x: www.box.hippoeal.info: This domain should resolve to your box’s IP address (A 154.56.61.157) if you would like the box to serve webmail or a website on this domain. The domain currently resolves to [Not Set] in public DNS. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change. This problem may result from other issues listed here.
:heavy_multiplication_x: autoconfig.box.hippoeal.info: This domain should resolve to your box’s IP address (A 154.56.61.157) if you would like the box to serve webmail or a website on this domain. The domain currently resolves to [Not Set] in public DNS. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change. This problem may result from other issues listed here.
:heavy_multiplication_x: autodiscover.box.hippoeal.info: This domain should resolve to your box’s IP address (A 154.56.61.157) if you would like the box to serve webmail or a website on this domain. The domain currently resolves to [Not Set] in public DNS. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change. This problem may result from other issues listed here.

pls guys i need urgent help… thanks so much…

I don’t know how long ago you set this up, but it looks like not all DNS entries have propagated far enough yet. You need to wait a while longer :wink:

Ok, at this point everything rests on you turning DNSSEC off at Gandi. Once that is done, your DNS should start working. For now, it is not. @Willyman

The title of this discussion is “External nameservers issues”. Do you intend to use External DNS? I think that is not what you are intending/meaning … but first, let’s get things working using MiaB’s DNS.

hi jan…
thanks for your reply.it has passed 72hours.
and im kind of worried
and way out

hi alento.
you right but at gandi.net
once u glue the dns and name server it will change it to external dns, that was why i said that.
i don’t have intention of changing it and i will like my issues to be resolved in MIAB dns too.
pls any more help

Maybe I am not understanding what you’re saying but that is the opposite of “External DNS” as far as MiaB is concerned … but anyways, that is not important. Let us get MiaB working as per the docs, and then if you wish to use “External DNS” (as MiaB views it) you can easily.

So, have you turned off DNSSEC at Gandi?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.