External DNS zonefile generated by MIAB missing "@" records?

Hi, on a brand new installed MIAB v67, I noticed that the external DNS zonefile which can be “downloaded” (i.e., the text which is shown in the popup dialog) in the MIAB admin interface does not put ‘@’ before the relevant NS, A, MX and TXT records.

The first part of the zonefile generated by MIAB, e.g. for box.mydomain.com, reads verbatim:

$ORIGIN mydomain.com.
$TTL 86400          ; default time to live

@ IN SOA ns1.box.mydomain.com. hostmaster.box.mydomain.com. (
           2023122701     ; serial number
           7200     ; Refresh (secondary nameserver update interval)
           3600     ; Retry (when refresh fails, how often to try again, should be lower than the refresh)
           1209600  ; Expire (when refresh fails, how long secondary nameserver will keep records around anyway)
           86400    ; Negative TTL (how long negative responses are cached)
           )
	IN	NS	ns1.box.mydomain.com.
	IN	NS	ns2.box.mydomain.com.
	IN	A	1.2.3.4
	IN	MX	10 box.mydomain.com.
	IN	TXT	"v=spf1 mx -all" 

Importing this zonefile generated by MIAB (sans of course the SOA and NS records, which have to be replaced by the provider’s ones) into the DNS panel of the hosting provider/registrar (Hetzner) consequently leads to wrong records in their DNS zone, like e.g.

in IN A 1.2.3.4
instead of
@ IN A 1.2.3.4

or

in IN MX 10 box
instead of
@ IN MX 10 box

Not sure if this an issue of the zonefile import on the provider’s side (or if it is not mandatory to put an ‘@’ into a zonefile for these ‘catch-all’ records; or maybe a MIAB issue.

I checked with the entries for an older MIAB instance (IIRC created at v61) for another domain at the same provider, and at that time the records generated by MIAB seem to have been correctly generated (i.e., including the ‘@’ stuff).

Known issue maybe?

Thanks, mats

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.