External DNS enhancements

I’m running my mailinabox instance with external DNS as I had my hosting and DNS setup beforehand. It works great though I’ve yet to figure out the DNSSEC stuff. My queries are:

1. Would it be possible to have a tick box or something on the external DNS page to say “Yes, I’m using these settings”, this would mean that all the warnings on the status page would disappear.

2. And this partially, if not wholly, would fix 1 as well. Could we have the functionality to define the mailinabox DNS as secondary. That way you could check to see if the various entries have been correctly setup on the primary server + you’d get some resilience and all that good stuff.

Thanks
Adam

Yes. Please open an issue on github.

1. And this partially, if not wholly, would fix 1 as well. Could we have the functionality to define the mailinabox DNS as secondary. That way you could check to see if the various entries have been correctly setup on the primary server + you’d get some resilience and all that good stuff.

Probably not. (It’s not a bad idea, but it’s not going to make it up the priority list.)

I would like to see a button on the “External DNS” page that actually performs the DNS checks and tells you which ones you are missing or have wrong. That would be fantastic!