Enigma for roundcube

When I navigate to [mydomain]/mail/?_task=settings&_action=about

I see a list of installed plugins, and Enigma isn’t listed here.

However, when I navigate to /usr/local/lib/roundcubemail/plugins

I see that Enigma is listed.

How do I activate this plugin?

I modified /usr/local/lib/roundcubemail/config/config.inc.php to include enigma.

I’m now getting an error about /usr/local/lib/roundcubemail/plugins/enigam/home not being writable

Obviously I can change that, but not sure if there’s an appropriate user/group to set?

Enigma won’t work at the moment because the MailMime and Crypt_GPG libraries are out of date on 14.04’s default php version.

See the work done here to try to correct it: https://github.com/mail-in-a-box/mailinabox/pull/1030

1 Like

That feels like a very disappointing thread to me.

While the maintainers of PHP state on their site that they will update 5.5 if some really serious major security flaw is discovered, their statement is weak and ambiguous. Claiming that PHP is supported by Ubuntu for the life of 14.04 seems a weak statement, since it isn’t addressing upstream of Ubuntu.

The PPA managed by Ondřej Surý is in very broad use across the Internet. I dare say a lot of stuff is going to go wrong should something be wrong with his PPA. Also, if I’m not mistaken, he is involved with managing the Debian and Ubuntu official repositories.