Enabled or activate php on the webserver

Hello All,

This is my first time here after Installing Mail in a box. I am complete Impressed with how the Installation went.
The problem I have is that I need to Install a few wordpress and php applications on my main domain. but the php is not working … I have tried to Implement the various methods but I haven’t had any success as yet. I wonder if anyone else has any ideas. Using a different server is not an option for me as funds are limited. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

To do what you’re trying to do, run php on the box hosted websites, is unsupported but possible. I suggest you review this thread: Is atleast being able to toggle PHP planned?

i tryed but nothing happened i left a post there too !!
Thank you

Did you run the web-update script under /home/your_username/mailinabox/tools? that needs to be done when “adding” configs for PHP. Also, index.php is not set as a possible index for NGINX, so you need to browse to the php script manually when in a browser, OR edit /etc/nginx/conf.d/local.conf and add index.php to index configuration on the SSL/HTTPS configurations of each site manually.

hello @murgero !!!

Thank you a lot for your help !!! it,s really works, my server is reading/executing/processing the php files !!!
Thank you to all !

FYI: When you add a user, domain, or update MIAB, it will reset the /etc/nginx/conf.d/local.conf file so you will need to keep that in mind when doing these unsupported modifications.

@murgero Thank you one more time i will remember your advice!

//Dario

I noticed you edited your response, did you get phpMyAdmin working properly?

yes @murgero the problem was the mysql server not installed !
Solution :

sudo apt-get install mysql-server

then

sudo ln -s /usr/share/phpmyadmin /home/user-data/www/

then for each domain

sudo ln -s /usr/share/phpmyadmin /home/user-data/www/each_domain.com

Thank you a lot for your help !!! it,s really works

You should not need the symlink on /home/user-data/www just in the site folder /home/user-data/www/example.com/phpmyadmin

But glad it works, but I would Highly Recommend using a different machine for MySQL and phpMyAdmin (PMA should not be accessible from the internet for security reasons.)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.