Enable php on my private personal server not public

You’re able to enable PHP for certain domains by adding a conf file, named after your domain name followed by .conf (e.g. example.com.conf ) to /home/user-data/www .

$ cat /home/user-data/www/example.com.conf

location ~* \.php$ {
include fastcgi_params;
fastcgi_pass php-fpm;
fastcgi_index index.php;

}

Can this still work with the recent update on MIAB because I need to fix something on my home server and I need this to work. Please @murgero @Norman

This isn’t a supported feature and I continue to strongly advise against making modifications like this because enabling PHP like this could open your box up to serious security vulnerabilities if you’re not very careful. Websites should be hosted on a different server (and the Custom DNS page in the Mail-in-a-Box control panel can be used to make that possible).

I understand and am just doing soo because my server only comes on when I want to update something … this work before and now it docent keeps giving me error on 14 (FAILED: apt-get -y -o Dpkg::Options::=–force-confdef -o Dpkg::Options::=–force-confnew install nginx php7.0-cli php7.0-fpm) and I can’t modify 18

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.