Does MiaB work in a IPv6-only Ubuntu?

I recently brought up a Ubu 18.4 IPv6-only which resolved IPv4 smoothly.

It only costs € 1,20 / month (in Budapest, HU) but currently is frozen with error…

My presumption is that MiaB will work. Does anybody disagree?

1 Like

No, not yet at least. :slight_smile: It seems that you are willing to be the guinea pig?

I am not savvy enough with actual networking to really comment.

took me half a day to find out its just a single line in etc/resolf.conf to get going. need to be proficient with vi tho, since Ubu does not ship “nano” by default.

Hmm, so the particular VPS provider does not include nano in their image … not a worry though. It is perfectly safe to add nano with

sudo apt install nano

As I cannot stand vi !

1 Like

yeah, except you don’t have network yet for apt. ure stuck with vi !

gotta love those Shuttleworth disciples… :zipper_mouth_face:

What!!! No network connectivity? So I am confused … I mean you need network connectivity to connect to install MiaB … or do you have a console?

the VPS is so cheap, network does not work unless you manually bring it up and there are no instructions on how to pull it off, except ure regular google-search :cold_face: only thing working is the “noVNC console” but no real IP stack is in full working order.

I can point you to an awesome VPS provider who is just $3.50/month with locations in Luxembourg and Las Vegas … not sure that the headaches are worth the trouble to only pay €1,20 a month. :wink:

at 3,50 € /month I need to be able to boot any .ISO image over http.

Do they offer this ? Else they will price themselves out of the market ! :rofl::laughing::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yes, and it is $ not € so that is another 10-12% less expensive. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

pretty kewl… I thought I already knew the only provider capable of this ! so who is this in Luxembourg ?
yeah I had found https://buyvm.net/kvm-dedicated-server-slices/ also. now I have reached 19 posts can post no more and :warning: must re-edit this post :poop: … sukkas… :sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::cold_sweat:

but where is that boot-any-ISO feature advertised ? they offer 100 Linuces , but not arbitrary images like farnox !

SOUNDS interesting ! I will give it a shot. :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

well if they offer “boot any ISO” I’m gonna try it, else it is pretty close what Linode does, I guess. Lately I tried OVH but was somewhat disappointed.

1 Like

1GB RAM 20gb SSD Luxembourg Location:

https://my.frantech.ca/aff.php?aff=2552&pid=1423

Provider is BuyVM.net which has server locations in LU, NYC, and LV. If you’d be kind enough to use the affiliate link above it would be appreciated. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow! I had never noticed before that it is NOT advertised. Within their Stallion control panel you can upload and mount any ISO. I have no idea why it is not mentioned though, I will ask the owner when he comes online.

Hmm, this is odd … I am looking at Stallion and am not able to find it … I know that it was a feature … I am definitely going to have to ask. I hope that I did not lead you in the wrong direction. :frowning: @eeeee

1 Like

The response was to open a ticket for processing of a custom ISO.

1 Like

I am somewhat certain that buyvm.net & frantech do not offer boot-any-ISO like lunanode does. and it works with some more ISOs than at farnox.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.