Do something custom after successfull backup

Hi, I use mail in a box for a couple of months now. I really like it. The only thing that irratates me, is that I mis the mails when a backup has failed.

For all other things that i’m backing up. I use healthchecks.io. I call an healtchchecks url each time a backup is finished. When a url is not called for a period of time it will send me a message via telegram.

The thing is, I don’t get it implemented with mail in a box and dupclicati.

My question: Is there a way I can do something custom, like calling an url after a succesfull backup in mailinabox?

To trigger healthchecks.io, I can also send a mail to a custom mail address.

Is it possible to send a mail to specific email address after backup?

Do you have an example of a failed MiaB backup where MiaB did not notify you of the failure?

If you look into mailinabox/management/daily_tasks.sh you will see the following

# Take a backup.
management/backup.py 2>&1 | management/email_administrator.py "Backup Status"

You may modify it (it gets overwritten on each miab update) to include health check after backup is completed.

# Take a backup.
management/backup.py 2>&1 | management/email_administrator.py "Backup Status" && curl -m 10 --retry 5 https://hc-ping.com/eb095278-f28d-448d-87fb-7b75c171a6aa

You can place an executable file at STORAGE_ROOT/backup/after-backup This file will be executed after a backup (but before the daily_tasks.sh emails the administrator)