DNS help needed

I have two droplets at digital ocean, the first being mail in a box (box.mydomain.com) and the second being my web server (mydomain.com). This post Mail Server On Different Ip Address on DigitalOcean describes what I am trying to do.
I created a custom dns A record to point to my web servers ip address and I thought this would take care of it but looking at the external dns section of mail in a box I see two A records, one that I created to point to the ip of my web server and the other, obviously automatically created by mail in a box during setup, pointing to the ip of the mail server.
My question is can I modify the A record that was created by mail in a box during installation to point to my web server? If this is possible what is the correct curl syntax to do so?

Check that you haven’t accidentally set two A records on the Custom DNS page?

Are the two A records you see for the same exact QName?

I did indeed have two A records but pointed a separate ip addresses. I did however remove the A record that I created and now DNS is back to the way it was initially configured during installation. Is it possible to edit the A record that is there now?

Would it be safe to post whats shown in my external DNS page here?

Yes. (Note that you didn’t explicitly answer either of my questions.)

QName Type Value
clarklandscaping.biz
clarklandscaping.biz MX 10 box.clarklandscaping.biz.
Required. Specifies the hostname (and priority) of the machine that handles @clarklandscaping.biz mail.
clarklandscaping.biz A 45.55.180.70
Required. May have a different value. Sets the IP address that clarklandscaping.biz resolves to for web hosting and other services besides mail. The A record must be present but its value does not affect mail delivery.
box.clarklandscaping.biz A 45.55.180.70
Required. Sets the IP address of the box.
box.clarklandscaping.biz AAAA 2604:a880:800:10::968:a001
Required. Sets the IPv6 address of the box.
box.clarklandscaping.biz MX 10 box.clarklandscaping.biz.
Required. Specifies the hostname (and priority) of the machine that handles @box.clarklandscaping.biz mail.
clarklandscaping.biz TXT v=spf1 mx -all
Recommended. Specifies that only the box is permitted to send @clarklandscaping.biz mail.
mail._domainkey.clarklandscaping.biz TXT v=DKIM1; k=rsa; s=email; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQDwYwHuqbTP5eELgAvRkuWmorT5v3B3jzV8nXwQXfagORwBl2NfhQXjB+uswHhAyGNcVGzdqUPawr8+hhMNVStsmNGhxVyfUBxYSUnl829hrcaaLDLpJhYVQXp3/XrmEnHbE4DWh6KTULu48ufEGtiGapHZ7A+YE/MTMfXXKEjPhwIDAQAB
Recommended. Provides a way for recipients to verify that this machine sent @clarklandscaping.biz mail.
box.clarklandscaping.biz TXT v=spf1 mx -all
Recommended. Specifies that only the box is permitted to send @box.clarklandscaping.biz mail.
mail._domainkey.box.clarklandscaping.biz TXT v=DKIM1; k=rsa; s=email; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQDwYwHuqbTP5eELgAvRkuWmorT5v3B3jzV8nXwQXfagORwBl2NfhQXjB+uswHhAyGNcVGzdqUPawr8+hhMNVStsmNGhxVyfUBxYSUnl829hrcaaLDLpJhYVQXp3/XrmEnHbE4DWh6KTULu48ufEGtiGapHZ7A+YE/MTMfXXKEjPhwIDAQAB
Recommended. Provides a way for recipients to verify that this machine sent @box.clarklandscaping.biz mail.
_dmarc.clarklandscaping.biz TXT v=DMARC1; p=quarantine
Optional. Specifies that mail that does not originate from the box but claims to be from @clarklandscaping.biz is suspect and should be quarantined by the recipient’s mail system.
box.clarklandscaping.biz SSHFP 3 2 ( 6B1CBDF8DCE4E914E18C96CDA8B023E6004DE792C4795D4037F09085B7F0B147 )
Optional. Provides an out-of-band method for verifying an SSH key before connecting. Use ‘VerifyHostKeyDNS yes’ (or ‘VerifyHostKeyDNS ask’) when connecting with ssh.
box.clarklandscaping.biz SSHFP 1 2 ( 8083E22D2D14EAF34F7C8D3E2F480F902816286944697C53DEDA2053BCE531E4 )
Optional. Provides an out-of-band method for verifying an SSH key before connecting. Use ‘VerifyHostKeyDNS yes’ (or ‘VerifyHostKeyDNS ask’) when connecting with ssh.
_dmarc.box.clarklandscaping.biz TXT v=DMARC1; p=quarantine
Optional. Specifies that mail that does not originate from the box but claims to be from @box.clarklandscaping.biz is suspect and should be quarantined by the recipient’s mail system.
_25._tcp.box.clarklandscaping.biz TLSA 3 0 1 6e10a5e23959db69942e3c3cecd471e9d3a70310f3300289f90796614ea0c71a
Recommended when DNSSEC is enabled. Advertises to mail servers connecting to the box that mandatory encryption should be used.
ns1.box.clarklandscaping.biz TXT v=spf1 a mx -all
Prevents unauthorized use of this domain name for outbound mail by requiring outbound mail to originate from the indicated host(s).
_dmarc.ns1.box.clarklandscaping.biz TXT v=DMARC1; p=reject
Prevents unauthorized use of this domain name for outbound mail by requiring a valid DKIM signature.
ns2.box.clarklandscaping.biz TXT v=spf1 a mx -all
Prevents unauthorized use of this domain name for outbound mail by requiring outbound mail to originate from the indicated host(s).
_dmarc.ns2.box.clarklandscaping.biz TXT v=DMARC1; p=reject
Prevents unauthorized use of this domain name for outbound mail by requiring a valid DKIM signature.
www.clarklandscaping.biz A 45.55.180.70
Optional. Sets the IP address that www.clarklandscaping.biz resolves to, e.g. for web hosting.
www.clarklandscaping.biz TXT v=spf1 a mx -all
_dmarc.www.clarklandscaping.biz TXT v=DMARC1; p=reject

I’m assuming that’s without the custom A record, because it looks fine. Can you post what happens when you add the custom A record?

Adding a custom A record is what I tried previously but found that this is not whats needed. The following two lines below need to be modified with the ip address of my web server not the mail in a box ip but I dont know how to accomplish it.

clarklandscaping.biz A 45.55.180.70
Required. May have a different value. Sets the IP address that clarklandscaping.biz resolves to for web hosting

www.clarklandscaping.biz A 45.55.180.70
Optional. Sets the IP address that www.clarklandscaping.biz resolves to, e.g. for web hosting.

The ip for my web server is 162.243.255.48
The ip for mail in a box is 45.55.180.70

Setting custom records is how you override the defaults (you were right about that).

I added the custom A record as shown below but the other two A records remain. Visiting clarklandscaping.biz still points to the mail in a box. Im at a loss how to get this working.

clarklandscaping.biz A 162.243.255.48
(Set by user.)

the other two A records remain

Which two? There were three A records in the external DNS output you pasted (for clarklandscaping.biz, box.clarklandscaping.biz, and www.clarklandscaping.biz). If now after setting the Custom DNS record there are still three, but one with the new IP address, then it’s working. You can also set a Custom DNS record for www.clarklandscaping.biz if you want to change its DNS too.

When I go to clarklandscaping.biz the DNS resolves correctly to your other (not Mail-in-a-Box) IP address.

Your server then issues an HTTP redirect to http://www.clarklandscaping.biz/ though, which still points to your box. (The box doesn’t know to serve a website at that address and issues a redirect itself to https://box.clarklandscaping.biz/.)