DMARC with custom content

Hi everyone :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m trying to set a custom _dmarc, as suggested in post: DMARC Report RUA= - #2 by openletter

I published the custom dmarc TXT record but… the default one is still there and now I have two differend _dmarc.xxx.yyy published (that conf will not work: only one single _dmarc record is allowed…)

Am I missing anything? Is there a way to override a default DNS record?
I’m on v62

Thank you in advance! :slight_smile:
Bests
Vel

How did you “publish” the custom dmarc record? If you add it as a custom DNS entry on the Custom DNS page, it will be added correctly. If it is not, you’ve done something wrong when adding it.

Send me a screen cap in PM and I can advise you how to fix the issue.

Hi @alento,
I’m dumb for sure but I cannot find the PM button :smiley:

Anyway:

• I added the _dmarc.x.y record in the “Custom DNS” page
  • I can see the record in the list ( _dmarc.x.y TXT “value”)
  • if I query the dmarc (like “dig TXT _dmarc.x.y”) I receive two record ar a reply: the original “default” one and the one I added

I would expect to see only the second one (that should override the default one), correct?

Any dmarc testing tool will complain (“Error detected! Multiple records have been detected for the provided domain. The domain can have only one record.”)

Thank you in advance for your help.
Bests,
V

Click on my username … a box will appear with a button that says “Message” …

See the image.

Ehm… nope :frowning:
Perhaps PM are disabled for new subscribers?

TIA :slight_smile:
V

Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 09.22.00

Hmm, that is interesting.

I guess today’s mission is to determine why this is. It never was an issue for new users to PM in the past.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.