_dmarc.domain.tld TXT v=DMARC1; p=quarantine (how to update to reject)

Hello All,
i hope you are well and safe.

i come to you because my company was victim of email spoofing.
mad people send emails with real address with our @domain.tlg to internal users and to some Customers.

in fact, Customers received some emails “from” my email address but off course from external servers (not mine)

with current settings set on MIAB : _dmarc.domain.tld TXT v=DMARC1; p=quarantine
emails that are not coming from my email server are moved to spam.

my wish is those kind of email are totaly rejected.
if they do not come from my server, they absolutely do not need to go to spam but garbage directly

i would like to update : _dmarc.domain.tld TXT v=DMARC1; p=reject.

how to proceed on MIAB please ?
Internal DNS are used (so those set by MIAB).

many thanks in advance for your support.

long life to MIAB, i used it since 3 years now, zero issue met since
updated every time a new version is published
it is a pleasure.

Best regards
François

The default DNS records created by MiaB will be overridden when you create a matching custom DNS record.

So if you create a new custom TXT record for _dmarc.example.com, then that will replace the previous default TXT record.

Note that this will only change things for receiving servers that honor p=reject in the way you are expecting. MiaB, for example, sends failed DMARC messages to the spam folder.

This is very true. Many many providers do not respect your DMARC record. I hope that setting the policy helps, but please don’t be disappointed if it doesn’t.

Hello,

This works for me; reporting with rua and ruf.
The first one is the most important.

“v=DMARC1;p=reject;rua=mailto:<report_email_address>; ruf=mailto::<report_email_address>; fo=1:d:s”

With a paid tool, for example uriports.com, you can get statistics about what’s happening (for the mailservers who support it).

Hello
Thanks for answer, i applied it.
let’s see :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 61 days. New replies are no longer allowed.