DKIM key rotation

Most of my sent email reaches its intended recipients; however, some consistently are routed to their email provider’s spam folder. Go Daddy is one such recipient. In researching the issue, I see suggestions that routine rotation of your DKIM keys is good practice. I’m curious if other MIAB users find this to be required for successful email delivery. If yes, I’m curious if anyone has instituted an automated DKIM key rotation for MIAB? If no, what else should I look at? My SPF checks out fine. As does DMARC.

I cannot say that I have seen that to be the case … the nightmare that would cause if the suggestion is implemented would be huge. Not for MiaB users, but for users of any commercial email service that uses DKIM.

Is your rDNS properly set? If so, chalk this up to GoDaddy being the absolute horrible hosting company that they are.

Okay, but go daddy is not the only recipient routing my mail of origin to spam. most people do not know how to white list. frustrating!
:rofl:

Too many of my outbound emails are ending up in people’s spam folders. This has been an ongoing problem. I have disabled IPv6 when I set up my box. I don’t know if this has anything to do with it. rDNS checks validate it is working and properly set. I believe I read somewhere here that DKIM/SPF/DMARC are handled internally by MIAB and that manually rotating DKIM keys was unnecessary. Is this true? Please advise! Thank you.

I was having issues with being able to send mail when my ipv6 setup was incorrect. Everything else showed good in the status page but I was getting odd refusals to connect. Depending on the recipient. This could perhaps be your issue?

When I set up my MIAB several years ago the conventional advice here was to disable IPv6 for SMTP, which I did. Maybe under later versions of MIAB that is no longer required/recommended and is causing problems. This is what I am asking about.

I believe my issue was that I had set up rDNS for IPv6. But I didn’t have all of my configuration set up both inside and outside my server and that was causing verification issues with some recipient servers. Not sure if this is related but you might try enabling IPv6 if you have that capability and see if that changes anything.