Delay on my income email

please guy sorry for bothering i have a problem when somebody send me a email on mu Mib email i’m not recveive quickly i have an hour delay and when the email comme i have this warning message on that email “protect your privacy remote resources have been blocked” please i really need a help
thank you

Two answers for you:
The delay is probably due to greylisting. The first time Mail-in-a-Box receives an email from another server, it will not deliver it, but remember that it happened. After a while the remote server will try again, and then Mail-in-a-Box will deliver the email (for those in the know, simplified explanation :wink: )
The message “protect your privacy remote resources have been blocked” is due to external stuff, usually images, being linked in the email. If you trust the sender, you can click the button “allow” next to it, and the images will show. It’s common for mail senders to track you by monitoring which images are loaded, thus the privacy warning.

Please gow to reduce the delay where can i config that please

There’s a file /etc/default/postgrey you can edit. Look for parameter POSTGREY_OPTS in which there is delay=180 which indicates the delay in seconds. Set the delay value to something lower to reduce the wait time. I’m not sure if you can use 0, but 1 is probably ok for the lowest value. Try it and see I’d guess.
Then restart postgrey: sudo systemctl restart postgrey
To see postgrey in action: sudo journalctl -u postgrey

Note that this modification will be overwritten when you update Mail-in-a-Box.

Re greylisting delay - the delay sets the time after which retries will succeed. But it’s up the sending server how long it waits. Most servers seem to be something like 30s, 60s, 120s, 240s… but I have struck some that wait for quite a long time. That retry delay is outside our control.

If @aton85 knows where the email is coming from, he can whitelist specific domains or senders. There are instructions elsewhere in the forum. Then the delay process is not relevant :slight_smile:

1 Like