Contact list deleted

Hi there,

I’ve deleted my contact list through DAVx5.
Now the problem is, I don’t know how I can recreate the list on the server, as it disappeared too.

Thank you in advance!

You deleted your contacts or calendar on MiaB using an Android app and now want to undelete them?

Unless Nextcloud has some trash feature, you likely have to restore them somehow from the backup files.

If you have accidentally deleted your contact list on the server through DAVx5 and it is not backed up elsewhere, unfortunately, there is no easy way to recover the data.

However, depending on the specific server that you are using, you may be able to recover the data from a backup. For example, if you are using a server that supports backups (such as a cPanel-based web hosting service), you may be able to restore the contact list from a previous backup.

If there is no backup available, you will need to manually recreate the contact list. To do this, you can start by adding contacts back into your address book one by one. If you have a copy of the contact list on another device, you can also use this as a reference to rebuild the list.

It is important to regularly back up your data to prevent situations like this from happening in the future. DAVx5 allows you to create local backups of your data, which you can then use to restore your data if necessary. Additionally, many servers have their own backup solutions, which you should consider using to ensure that your data is always safe and easily recoverable.