Cinfu vps from Germany

Good day folks.

I would like to advise every Mail In A Box user of my experience when I bought CINFU (www.cinfu.com) VPS from Germany - the Ubuntu 22.04 LTS will not work with Mail In A Box. CINFU resells Hetzner VPSes and the installation abruptly stops and returns to the bash command prompt.

Initializing system random number generator…
Creating SSH key for backup…
root@box.m.com#

Fortunately, I only paid for 1 month about $5+ with Bitcoin, so my loss isn’t much. I chose to try out Cinfu and let you folks know the results of the trial, so you will know their VPS does not work well with Mail In A Box.

Based on my experience, the best VPS providers that work well with Mail In A Box are:

1. Microsoft Azure (portal.azure.com)
  2. LightNode (lightnode.com)
  3. Akamai Linode (linode.com)
  4. VPSMalaysia (vpsmalaysia.com.my)

UPDATE: Of the 4 VPS providers I listed above, only VPSMalaysia accepts cryptocurrency.

Take care and stay safe.

Have a nice day.

@sugumaranv

I edited your title since it could have potentially been misleading.

Did you happen to troubleshoot the issue at all? Or reach out on Slack for troubleshooting assistance? I ask as it would be helpful to know why the install stopped. :slight_smile:

1 Like

alanto, I have tried “troubleshooting” Mail In A Box by making screenshots of the terminal session.
do you know how do I get the Mail In A Box installation logs? I would like to debug the installation process. I can help if I know which log files to look for. The installation suddenly halts at the “initializing system random number generator” and “creating SSH key for backup”.

Thank you for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.