Carddav/addressbook configuration issue is turning my error log into a giant

I downloaded my roundcube error log as part of troubleshooting a system elsewhere that is failing to receive from MIAB, and discovered the log is stuffed full with zigabytes of lines relating to carddav (the log includes every single error, dating from 2016 when my MAIB was installed). I emptied the log, opened up Roundcube in my browser, closed it, then went back to the log to see what was there. I found a total of 24 lines written to the log, 8 repetitions of the following 3 lines:

[29-Apr-2018 11:14:59 America/Denver] PHP Warning: Declaration of carddav_backend::delete($ids) should be compatible with rcube_addressbook::delete($ids, $force = true) in /usr/local/lib/roundcubemail/plugins/carddav/carddav_backend.php on line 26
[29-Apr-2018 11:14:59 America/Denver] PHP Warning: Declaration of carddav_backend::list_groups($search = NULL) should be compatible with rcube_addressbook::list_groups($search = NULL, $mode = 0) in /usr/local/lib/roundcubemail/plugins/carddav/carddav_backend.php on line 26
[29-Apr-2018 11:14:59 America/Denver] PHP Warning: Declaration of carddav_backend::rename_group($group_id, $newname) should be compatible with rcube_addressbook::rename_group($group_id, $newname, &$newid) in /usr/local/lib/roundcubemail/plugins/carddav/carddav_backend.php on line 26

I would like to think I can do something to keep my error log from turning into a supernova, but I’m not much of a PHP programmer and while I can edit and save the file carddav_backend.php, and can probably locate the lines that need to be edited, I’m not confident I can understand the program well enough to be sure I’m not breaking it.

Can anyone suggest a fix?

Those are just warnings - you can go into /etc/php/fpm/php.ini and change the error output from debug (Default) to critical only.

1 Like