Can't see events saved to calendar as the first Admin

Hi, I’m running version v0.23a of Mail-in-a-box. Thank you for this great tool.

Everything works well, except that I can’t save events to the calendar.

I have tried through the web interface at https://MYSITE.com/cloud/index.php/apps/calendar/ and I have tried using the CalDav Synchronizer plugin for Outlook.
When I use the web interface, I don’t see an error message, but when I use the CalDav Synchronizer plugin on Outlook I get the following error:

CalDavSynchronizer.DataAccess.WebDavClientException: Response status code does not indicate success: '403' ('Forbidden'). Message:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<d:error xmlns:d="DAV:" xmlns:s="http://sabredav.org/ns">
  <s:exception>Sabre\DAV\Exception\Forbidden</s:exception>
  <s:message>Permission denied to create file (filename 74d56e5c-b415-45d4-abf1-518516017267.ics)</s:message>
</d:error>

at CalDavSynchronizer.DataAccess.HttpClientBasedClient.WebDavClient.<EnsureSuccessStatusCode>d__10.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at CalDavSynchronizer.DataAccess.HttpClientBasedClient.WebDavClient.<ExecuteWebDavRequest>d__9.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at CalDavSynchronizer.DataAccess.HttpClientBasedClient.WebDavClient.<ExecuteWebDavRequestAndReturnResponseHeaders>d__8.MoveNext()
   at CalDavSynchronizer.DataAccess.CalDavDataAccess.<CreateNewEntity>d__18.MoveNext()
   at CalDavSynchronizer.Implementation.CalDavRepository`1.<Create>d__16.MoveNext()
   at GenSync.EntityRepositories.BatchEntityRepositoryAdapter`4.<PerformOperations>d__3.MoveNext()

I’m guessing that there may be a permission issue on the directory that is used temporarily for uploading .ics files. I have been trying to identify what directory is that, but I couldn’t find it.

I can create contacts using the web interface.

Before upgrading to version v0.23a I never tried adding events, so I don’t know if it was working before the upgrade.

Any suggestions?

Could you run tail -f /home/user-data/owncloud/nextcloud.log while adding an appointment and see if there are any errors?

Hi michaelkroes, thank you for helping.

I ran tail -f /home/user-data/owncloud/nextcloud.log while creating a new calendar event but it didn’t log anything.

After some more testing, I found that the only user that cannot create calendar events is my own user (the admin); which is the first account that was added to MIAB. Other users of the same domain can create calendar events. Other users from other domains hosted on the same box can also create calendar events.

For the sake of testing, I gave admin privilege to other users from the same and another domain and after that, they still can create events. So, the problem is just with the first admin.

I just changed the title of the thread to reflect that this is just related to the first Admin.

Any ideas?

I just discovered, by accident, that the events are being created online for the first Admin but for some reason they are not showing on the browser at https://[MYDOMAIN]/cloud/index.php/apps/calendar.

I’ve tested using Chrome and MS Edge.

All other users can see their events created with the web browser, except the first Admin.

I discovered this after configuring the email on android as an exchange account. To my surprise all the test events started to show up.

All I need now is to figure out how to see my events online. Funny, because I’ve the Admin account and it works for everybody but me.

Can someone reproduce this?