Can't get LetsEncrypt SSL cert to provision

When I try to provision a SSL cert either from the admin interface or from ~/mailinabox/management/./ssl_certificates.py

it always gives me the same error below:
Plugins selected: Authenticator webroot, Installer None
You should register before running non-interactively, or provide --agree-tos and --email <email_address> flags.

My question is how the world do I specify what it is requesting so I can get my ssl cert to work? At this point I’m considering buying an SSL cert because LetsEncrypt is clearly broken somehow.

The issue has been covered several times in many threads in the last few weeks.

In a nutshell, run sudo mailinabox and accept the TOS for Let’s Encrypt when you are prompted for it.

You should then be able to generate Let’s Encrypt certificates from the Admin area or by running the ./ssl_certificates.py script.

1 Like

Hmmm… I have done this and was never prompted for anything related to Let’s Encrypt. Below is the trace back of everything that came up after the β€œsudo mailinabox” command. Can you point out what I might have missed to get my certificates to provision properly?

:~$ sudo mailinabox

β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€Mail-in-a-Box Installation──────────────────────────┐
β”‚ Hello and thanks for deploying a Mail-in-a-Box! β”‚
β”‚ β”‚
β”‚ I’m going to ask you a few questions. β”‚
β”‚ β”‚
β”‚ To change your answers later, just run β€˜sudo mailinabox’ from the command β”‚
β”‚ line. β”‚
β”‚ β”‚
β”‚ NOTE: You should only install this on a brand new Ubuntu installation 100% β”‚
β”‚ dedicated to Mail-in-a-Box. Mail-in-a-Box will, for example, remove β”‚
β”‚ apache2. β”‚
β”‚ β”‚
β”œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€
β”‚ < OK > β”‚
β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜

β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€Hostname───────────────────────────────────┐
β”‚ This box needs a name, called a β€˜hostname’. The name will form a part of β”‚
β”‚ the box’s web address. β”‚
β”‚ β”‚
β”‚ We recommend that the name be a subdomain of the domain in your email β”‚
β”‚ address, so we’re suggesting myemaildomain.net. β”‚
β”‚ β”‚
β”‚ You can change it, but we recommend you don’t. β”‚
β”‚ β”‚
β”‚ Hostname: β”‚
β”‚ β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β” β”‚
β”‚ β”‚myemaildomain.net β”‚ β”‚
β”‚ β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜ β”‚
β”œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€
β”‚ < OK > β”‚
β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜

Primary Hostname: myemaildomain.net
Public IP Address: 19x.xxx.xxx.xx6
Private IPv6 Address: ::1
Mail-in-a-Box Version: v0.28

Updating system packages…
Installing system packages…
Initializing system random number generator…
Firewall is active and enabled on system startup
Installing nsd (DNS server)…
Installing Postfix (SMTP server)…
Installing Dovecot (IMAP server)…
Installing OpenDKIM/OpenDMARC…
Installing SpamAssassin…
Installing Nginx (web server)…
Installing Roundcube (webmail)…
Installing Nextcloud (contacts/calendar)…
Nextcloud is already latest version
Installing Z-Push (Exchange/ActiveSync server)…
Installing Mail-in-a-Box system management daemon…

FAILED: wget -O /usr/local/lib/mailinabox/vendor/assets/jquery.min.js https://code.jquery.com/jquery-2.1.4.min.js

–2018-08-24 12:20:03-- https://code.jquery.com/jquery-2.1.4.min.js
Resolving code.jquery.com (code.jquery.com)… 205.185.208.52
Connecting to code.jquery.com (code.jquery.com)|205.185.208.52|:443… connected.
Unable to establish SSL connection.

myemail@myemaildomain:~$

I don’t really see anything in there about the TOS Let’ Encrypt stuff.

Please advise.

BKM

@BKM - Please keep your issue in your thread. Also your issue is unrelated to Let’s encrypt as it’s an SSL error TO jquery.com.

I was trying to use the β€œProvision” button on the admin page when it failed with the exact same bug this thread detailed. So when I tried the same solution and ran into trouble, I thought it was right to be here. However after trying it some more and looking deeper, I started a separate thread due to the command failure itself.

BKM

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.