Cannot upgrade from v61.1 to v64

I am running Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS and MIAB v61.1. I think I missed the past few updates because I missed the error whenever they failed.

My instance is mostly running fine, except for backups which fail due to the number or arguments.

During the update I get this message, I’m guessing a migration error:

Error: stepping, UNIQUE constraint failed: oc_users_external.uid, oc_users_external.backend (19)

Full log:

A new version of Mail-in-a-Box is available. You are running version v61.1. The latest version is v64. For upgrade instructions, see https://mailinabox.email. 
Primary Hostname: xxx
Public IP Address: yyy
Private IPv6 Address: zzz
Mail-in-a-Box Version:  v61.1

Updating system packages...
Installing system packages...
Initializing system random number generator...
Firewall is active and enabled on system startup
Synchronizing state of fail2ban.service with SysV service script with /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install.
Executing: /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable fail2ban
Installing nsd (DNS server)...
Installing Postfix (SMTP server)...
Installing Dovecot (IMAP server)...
Installing OpenDKIM/OpenDMARC...
Installing SpamAssassin...
bayes: synced databases from journal in 3 seconds: 150 unique entries (150 total entries)
Installing Nginx (web server)...
Installing Roundcube (webmail)...
Installing Nextcloud (contacts/calendar)...
Nextcloud is already latest version
Error: stepping, UNIQUE constraint failed: oc_users_external.uid, oc_users_external.backend (19)
Installing Z-Push (Exchange/ActiveSync server)...
Installing Mail-in-a-Box system management daemon...
Installing Munin (system monitoring)...

Afterwards the status checks on admin page still show v61.1 and notify me that v64 is available.

The error regarding UNIQUE constraint can be resolved using the information found here.
However, not sure that is the source of you not being able to upgrade, there might be something else going on. Most reports I’ve seen state that the system is working normally, even with the UNIQUE constraint error.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.