Can recent MiaB be downgraded?

Any topics on this are old/inconclusive, but the need could be real.

If one were to upgrade (let’s say) v68 to v69 and had problems afterward, can MiaB be downgraded by setting $TAG to 68 and running setup again?

If that works, what are the restrictions, ie how many levels, etc.?

Suggestion: if it’s possible sometimes but certain upgrade features make it not possible, and a note in the changelog saying either it can’t be reverted, OR it could be down to which level. :wink:

Thanks.

Not exactly what you’re looking for, but I shutdown and snapshot the host prior to every version upgrade in case things go awry.

It probably won’t work if there have been any database migrations (in our database, Roundcube’s, or Nextcloud’s), but between versions where there are no migrations it probably would work fine.

Would it be worth noting somewhere at release if a version is downgradable to the last ‘not downgradable’ version? ie, if 65 changed a database and is the last to do so, then 66 to current would be downgradable and each version would note ‘downgradable to v65’…

For our database it’s trivial because there are so few migrations, but it would require some research into Roundcube and Nextcloud, which would take time. And downgrades are pretty rare. So I suspect not really worth the effort.

I’m probably going to want to see if I created any problems by copying the roundcube db from v27 to my install of v68…

Any pointers where to start digging into this?

I’ve not noticed any issues in operation, but somethig could show up if their upgrade goes to modify things some day. Unless you know they’re upgrades have lots of checks and repairs and are conservative… :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.