Banned Sender - Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

xxxxxxxxx-com.mail.protection.outlook.com[104.47.45.36] said: 550 5.7.511
Access denied, banned sender[138.68.22.180]. To request removal from this
list please forward this message to delist@messaging.microsoft.com. For
more information please go to…

Seems like it’s just to Outlook365 accounts. I receive emails but cannot reply. I’ve followed the instructions to delist my ip address and associated MIAB email address to no avail.

Please help

Who is your VPS provider? @talbot

It is likely that you need to at a minimum change data centers with that provider, or even change providers.

As a last resort you need to use a SMTP relay.

Digital Ocean.
I’ve opened a ticket with them to change data centers or IP address. We’ll see how that goes.
Thanks for the input…really appreciate it.

@talbot

Opening a ticket with Digital Ocean will go nowhere as they are a provider of UNmanaged VPS’s. You will need to move your server to a different droplet on your own.

To do so, make a snapshot of your droplet, then create a new droplet with that snapshot.

Make sure that you change the glue records to the new IP address and run sudo mailinabox from the command line.

If you find that you need to change data centers (as some DO data centers are completely blocked) there is also a process to transfer a snapshot between data centers.

I’ve had something similar happen when I first started using MIAB. I forwarded the message to delist@messaging.microsoft.com. It opened a support case with a link to a website requesting more info. I did get the runaround a few times and had to open additional support cases until I figured out the magic words to get it escalated. Then the next level of support took a week to unblock my IP. Basically, a spammer had control of the IP in the past, which got it blacklisted on the Outlook.com platform.

Hi! Netwerked. PLEASE share the “the magic words to get it escalated:grimacing:

Can you? Thanks!!

They generally think that you’re an end user experiencing an issue. You have to make it clear that you’re an email service provider who is using a new IP. Provide as much detail as possible, such as when you began using the IP. That will typically prompt them to escalate to the next tier. It might still take a while to get resolved, but that will get you past the initial rejection point, at least in my experience.

Thank you!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap: