Automated config for ( DNS, SPF, DKIM , DMARC, DNSSEC, etc) on centos

I have about 3 servers and i have MIAB running on two which perfectly went smooth but i have one centos server which i know MIAB dose not support installation but can anyone help me with automated config for ( DNS, SPF, DKIM , DMARC, DNSSEC, etc) on centos. MIAB makes configuration easy for non tech guys which is cool but i want to run another mail server but with the help of config like that . Any help will be appropriated

@murgero @JoshData … Please if you have any advice ?

The short answer is no.

The longer answer is that you can compare configurations on your MiaB set up and copy the formats of the configuration files as needed on each of the pieces software required to be installed to set up a mail server such as:

Postfix
Dovecot
Z-Push
Roundcube
Nextcloud
Apache SpamAssassin
Postgrey

Or maybe another similar project that works with Centos would be better?
[iRedMail] (https://docs.iredmail.org/index.html)
[Modoba] (https://modoboa.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation.html)
MailCow requires Debian

i just need file that will configure just this DNS, SPF, DKIM , DMARC, DNSSEC

There is no ‘file’ that configures those items. DKIM, DMARC and DNSSEC are different on every server based on keys generated on that server. DNS is entering the domain and subdomains and the IP addresses to be pointed to. SPF is created based upon who/where is allowed to send mail from a specific domain name. If you need to learn how to configure / set up each piece of the puzzle I am afraid that you will need to Google for answers.

Alento would be correct. There is no one file that configures the system. MIAB scripts will not run properly on CentOS either. I would suggest just running MIAB on Ubuntu. If Ubuntu is not an option, Mailcow is docker based - and can be installed on any docker compatible system if you need a mail server with “zero” config on centos.

I have started working on a CentOS version of Mail-in-a-Box BUT it is very much a work in progress AND it makes similar assumption as Ubuntu i.e. that it is fresh & clean install of the OS (CentOS 7), certain packages have already been installed, certain environment variables have been defined etc.

I have been converting the Ubuntu scripts in the order they are encountered and/or executed in setup/start.sh. All the scripts to install the correct packages and do initial config for DNS, DKIM, DNSSEC are complete. You can take look on Github here. This may help you but be warned, all the Mail-in-a-Box scripts are interdependent so you will not just be able to grab these scripts and run them as-is in a stand-alone fashion.

Aside: My long term plan is to provide the same functionality and management user-interface as Ubuntu and then track the Ubuntu version release-by-release…but that is far into the future. Now, back to working on setup/spamassassin.sh :confused:

Brett

wow! Nice, @brschroeder. I know how too fix my dns just that i see automated script like Autopmta, MIAB ect which makes the entire process fast because i want to use a different MTA instead of Postfix. thanks for your reply.

how can i test your project @brschroeder

There are two ways, conceptually similar but just depends on where/how you want to test it. Just remember, it is not a complete project yet. Currently, the install will die during SpamAssassin installation but you can check out the postfix, dovecot, user db setup, DNS, DKIM installation etc.

Using Vagrant

1. Clone the project from GitHub with git clone git@github.com:brschroeder/centos-mailinabox.git
  2. Follow the instructions in the Vagrantfile-HOWTO. This explains how/why to setup vagrant, vagrant caching and NFSv4 on a Fedora workstation.
  3. Then just do vagrant up and it will start a vagrant virtual machine and begin to run the CentOS-Mail-in-a-box installation scripts that exist thus far. Two things will make this slow the first time you run it (a) download of a minimal CentOS 7 installation disk and (b) a yum update is performed early on in the install process. Since caching is configured in Vagrantfile, both the CentOS 7 installation files and all RPMs for upgrades will be available locally next time you do vagrant up …much faster.
  4. You can now do vagrant ssh to get into the virtual machine and poke around
  5. Do vagrant destroy to kill the virtual machine

Bare Metal / Pre-existing VM

1. Clone the project from GitHub with git clone git@github.com:brschroeder/centos-mailinabox.git
  2. Move into the project directory and start the CentOS-Mail-in-a-Box installation scripts with setup/start.sh.

You can track how far along I am in development status.

Thanks for the reply, i will install as instructed and see where it gets me to…

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.