Are nextcloud contacts really used anywhere?

I decided to look into nextcloud on MiaB to see if it offered anything. If I understand it, from various posts (mostly old) is that opening it up beyond contacts and calendar is “on your own”.
I also read that it’s required to be up for mail contacts.

I got in and poked around…

HOWEVER, the mail accounts have contacts and they autofill in the To: field just fine, but they are NOT in nextcloud contacts.

What EXACTLY is used in nextcloud for a mail-only machine?

Is there a safe and immutable way to disable or remove nextcloud in MiaB that persists across upgrades or refreshes?

The posts out there seem out of date…

Thanks in advance.

Mail clients can use CalDAV/CardDav/ActiveSync to synchronize contacts and calendars. In Miab’s webmail, you can choose to use the built-in address book or the address book in nextcloud.

The built-in address book is generally used to tag correspondents who have correspondent emails, which helps to use filters and such. The nextcloud address book provides synchronization to the client.

Thanks. Where/how does the synchronization happen between built-in and nextcloud and how do you chose which addressbook to use in MiaB? The contacts picked up from emails that are in MiaB aren’t showing in nextcloud.

Webmail(Roundcube: https://box.example.com/mail ) → Settings → Preferences → Contacts, options with label Default address book and Collected addresses

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.