Are all admins created equal?

I gave my original admin user a very common name, admin@mydomain.com, which is easily guessable by spammers so I don’t want that to be my main user. I created a second “Administrator” user with a random name and am going to use that instead. It seems I can do all the same stuff with this new admin account but what I’m wondering is, can I delete the original “admin@mydomain.com” or is that first one somehow different, like a super admin or something?

One problem I can see is that there are a few automatically created aliases like postmaster@mydomain.com that are all pointing to that original admin@mydomain.com address. I should be able to easily re-map those… but this is exactly the kind of thing I’m worried about - are there issues that could come up if I delete the original admin user?

I think you should be fine but I could be wrong though since I’m new but I’ve done stuff like that before and I’ve haven’t had issues

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.