After reinstall of Ubuntu & MiaB Nameserver problem

I was using MiaB for many months - worked great with a domain from namesilo and setting nameservers to MiaB ones.

The system broke (bad update) and I had to reninstall Ubuntu and MiaB - I did so and things seemed fine, but after 8 hours I am still getting nameserver glue record problems.

I left the settings at namesilo as they were, and nothing (like ip) has changed. It should work right?

What am I missing? (Sorry if it is obvious.)

Here are first errors:
The DNSSEC ‘DS’ record for ---- is incorrect. See further details below.
:heavy_multiplication_x:
Nameserver glue records are incorrect. The ---- and ---- nameservers must be configured at your domain name registrar as having the IP address xx.yy.zz.ww. They currently report addresses of [Not Set]/[Not Set]. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change.
:heavy_multiplication_x:
This domain must resolve to your box’s IP address (xx.yy.zz.ww) in public DNS but it currently resolves to [Not Set]. It may take several hours for public DNS to update after a change. This problem may result from other issues listed above.

Try looking at what is reported for your domain at gwhois.org. You can also click on your DNS server in the report to see what it reports for that domain.

Hi @cantor

You must remove the DNSSEC record at NameSilo. Wait 24 hours and then enter the NEW info at NameSilo. Changing hardware will change the DNSSEC record.

The other errors are due to this.

1 Like

Ah - thank you! Removing the DNSSEC was the key. While none of the hardware changed at all (exact same server slice at OVH), it the DNSSEC entry does seem to be installation sensitive (as well as hardware sensitive as alento suggested).

Now to try to restore the mail boxes. I had one failure at that last night. When running “sudo mailabox” after “unpacking” the backups according to instructions the installation crashed - some nginx error.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.