Advice On Installing OwnCloud

Hello everyone. First off I have to say I am instantly a promoter of Mail-In-A-Box. For years I have struggled with trying to setup my own mail server and so how some person happened to post a link to this package on Reddit and I found it. Within literally 90 mins I was up and running my own privately maintained and hosted email address. You do not know how thankful I am for this. Thank you!

With that said, I am very interested in OwnCloud. I love how it’s included in the Mail-In-A-Box package. More importantly I love how it simply works. That said, the box I have is only 25gb; which is perfect for mail. I will never need more space than that for a mail account. However; cloud storage is a different situation.

I have been using iOS devices for many years. I am totally aware of the privacy infringing violations imposed; and that’s why I want to stop using iOS devices and iCloud (proprietary cloud-based services) and build my own.

That said; I can’t seem to figure out how to install OwnCloud on my server. If any could provide me with some links to tutorials or advice it would be greatly appreciated. I am in a position to install any Linux OS you recommend. I have a garage filled with old servers I love to tinker with.

I have very skilled with creating back up servers and have been preserving my digital data for many years. OwnCloud seems like a very easy, practical, and dependable solution towards helping me organize my years of digital data. If any one could be of assistance it would be greatly appreciated.

Here you have some about that: How To Install OwnCloud and Configure OwnCloud Apps on an Ubuntu 12.04 VPS | DigitalOcean and One-Click Applications Deprecated Before October 2018 :: DigitalOcean Documentation

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.