Admin Login - OWNCLOUD

Just loaded product;

I want to ADMIN the Owncloud instance, I am setup as an “admin” in the Mail in a Box admin page, but that does not allow me to login as admin to Owncloud. How do I get in as a ADMIN?

Owncloud file encryption

There is a script at but once you run it you are on your own!

How to access the administrator account for Nextcloud server?

Thanks so much for the very quick response,
Nice package of goodies,
Your instructions are the best I have seen,
Very easy to follow,

@joshdata, I’m just running tests and was wondering:

1. There’s a default owncloud admin root account with a random password that I see after running the above script. I want to update it and login via that account.
  2. After changing it, will it break your updates and if so, how do I set it back to a password your scripts understand to run the appropriate update & so MIAB controls it.

I know it’s not supported but I simply want to know about this root account & it’s password. I couldn’t find the documentation to secure it to hopefully change this password to my own random password that’s not system-set (you know, for paranoid reasons).

Thank you for your time.

Use MiaB as backup server?

Hello ,
After ran the script in my box , I’m still not having admin access,
I would like to enable external storage in owncloud …
Any suggestion?

Did run it from the correct directory? I can’t remember exactly but you either need in the dir where the script resides or one level up.

Also curious about item 2 here. Been looking around and have yet to find a solid answer.

does this script work for the nextcloud ? and does the next cloud work as a full nextcloud application with the ability to use all the add-ons?