Add another domain without changing Nameservers

Hi,

I don’t know why this doesn’t allow me to put links.

Anyway here is my issue detail:

Thank you!

If you are using the box for DNS, I think any other domain has to use the box’s DNS too. Or else, you have to use External DNS in which either the first domain and any other domain can use name servers you want.

NB: Please try and type your question here rather than using screenshot, this will make it easy to see and help you and help others too with a similar question in the future. You may screenshots errors and outputs.

@pulloh
Thank you!

Should I change A record ?
I think it’s possible without changing A record in AWS workmail or others.
Because A record already points to other server, so I can’t change it.

As long as you are not serving a website or not accessing webmail for that host, you can leave it.

1 Like

Perfect!

So mandatory thing is only MX record. right?
THank you

In your box’s admin interface, go to System >> Status Checks, and you will see what you need to add or not. System >> Custom DNS, also has all DNS records and see there what is required, recommended or optional.

Actually it would be System >> External DNS.

@Lovecodign I see now that you did start another topic, good.

To answer your question you need the MX, DKIM, and TXT-SPF records. The TXT-DMARC record is optional. As far as the A record, do you have a website hosted elsewhere? If so you need to point it there. If not, point it at the MiaB’s IP.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.