70 released, but no release notes?

7.0 shows available, as I’m receiving email notifications about it, but there’s no release notes.
I always like to know what’s new before I blast into updates :slight_smile:
I’ve checked release notes, and the forum, and don’t see anything about it.

Sorry, seems I have to make this post at least 250 chars, so I have to ramble on a bit.
thanks

The release notes are always here:

I typically push the release before updating the website so that in case there are any issues with the release not everyone updates at once.

1 Like

The upgrade page on the website links to the discussion forum:

Can the link on that page be update to the GitHub releases page?
Or
Is the website GitHub-based and can I submit a pull request?

Another thing I noticed: version v70 is tagged on the tags page: Tags · mail-in-a-box/mailinabox · GitHub

but it is not (yet) on the releases page: Releases · mail-in-a-box/mailinabox · GitHub

Would you like a GitHub pull request for an Action that auto-creates a release whenever a tag is pushed that matches some pattern like “v70”? For example this action seems to work nice: GitHub - ghalactic/github-release-from-tag: A GitHub Action that creates GitHub Releases from your Git tags

On github you’ll find a file CHANGELOG.md - that’s got what you’re after.

You are better off discussing this on the Github issue (Status Checks errate version v69b · Issue #2417 · mail-in-a-box/mailinabox · GitHub) or opening a PR to do this and discussing it there. From my experience, the forum tends to be used for support and Github for changes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.