[solved] Broken webpage, manually run web update?

Hello :smile:

I have accidentally broken the webpage for mail-in-a-box. I have initially set it up with the hostname box.mydomain.com however I later changed that to mail.mydomain.com.

I believe I pressed the so called web update for the old hostname and now I can’t connect to either one of them.

running the mailinabox command didn’t work either.

Is it possible to run the web update manually with the actual hostname again? or does somebody know which config I have to change?

Thank you very much!

I’m sorry, but it is actually not clear what you have done …

What does this mean?[quote=“r2binx, post:1, topic:2646”]
Is it possible to run the web update manually with the actual hostname again? or does somebody know which config I have to change?
[/quote]

If this is a new installation, then you may be best off to start from scratch.

Thank you for your reply, fortunately I could fix it myself.

I’m sorry for being so inaccurate. I think I pressed change on the old domain in the admin panel under the web tab.

Then a popup appeared and “web update” ran. It’s a script of mailinabox. I think it updates the nginx configuration.
However I had to modify the nginx configuration for my specific needs and the script takes the nginx configuration files out of the mailinabox/conf/ directory and overwrites existing changes and therefore breaking my setup.

So I edited the files in mailinabox/conf/ and now I’m good to go again :smile:

Correct, MiaB does not support any outside modifications. If you make any changes then you will need to repeat them any time MiaB is updated as they will be overwritten.