Replace ssl cert

aws doesn’t always require me to sudo, i think they have their images setup to use sudo once then not again. sorry for the confusion

AWS is not relevant to the discussion, but thanks for the feedback.

i should probably do better at punctuation, my bad. I mean no friction, i’m trying to get help.
i meant to say " Duh, My bad. I’m running on ec2 and …"

1 Like

i think this is the answer!! give me a minute

when i try to run ssl_certificates.py i get ‘command not found’. but i can see the script. same with or without sudo.

the problem is in nginx, somehow it’s looking for the STAGING cert and it will not give up. i tried uninstalling nginx and running maininabox again but i really screwed it up now. guess i’ll build another VM tonght and try the manual method.
thanks again

actually that fixed it enough that i was able to connect thunderbird and download the messages.
Thank you so much, i owe you a beer the next time you come to oregon

As Root try

cd /mailinabox/management/
then ./ssl_certificates.py

OR you could go to the admin web interface and try the “provision” button under System → TLS (SSL) Certificates

i cant’ get the web interface up anymore, but i didnt’ have a provision button on the TLS(SSL) page.

and i did try to browse to the script and launch it. same result, with and without sudo. i tried a windows trick, lauching it by typing ssl* and i got the response was ssl_certificates.py:command not found.

could also try (as root)

cd /mailinabox/management/
chmod +x ssl_certificates.py  
./ssl_certificates.py

out of curiosity what permissions does the file have on it now?

ls -la  ssl_certificates.py

I think you have to enter those command as

./mailinabox/management/ssl_certificates.py
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 40 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.