Let's Encrypt can't update certs after MIAB .40 update

I performed the update to MIAB by creating a clean server and following ALL the documentation. Everything appeared to be working fine until my Let’s Encrypt certs needed to be updated. It fails, and the error message is:
Log:
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log Plugins selected: Authenticator webroot, Installer None Missing command line flag or config entry for this setting: Please choose an account Choices: [‘localhost@2018-07-31T16:06:51Z (6e8f)’, ‘mydomain.com@2019-01-28T20:34:24Z (aedd)’]

I checked, and the only subfolders in /etc/letsencrypt is a renewal-hooks subfolder. No accounts or anything other than the cli.ini.

Look in /home/user-data/SSL

Thanks. Now I know where they are, but the original problem exists, meaning they still don’t update. Suggestions?

Backup the folder, delete all the contents and re-run the setup, maybe that will help.

I had this same issue, basically you’ve got the install trying to create two accounts.

Here’s the link to my fix:

So in your case, you would need to delete the old (6e8fxxxxxxxxxx) directory.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Nice! Good work! This should be helpful for everyone :slight_smile:

That did the trick. I suspected as much, but didn’t know the exact location to go looking. Thank you very much.

1 Like