Exchange keeps saying Incorrect password

Was able to connect after this:

z-push-admin -a fixstates

[quote=“Arek, post:6, topic:1765”]
z-push-admin -a fixstates
[/quotethe command returns no device. I am unable to pass the password.

Hi Arek,

Sorry, but that didn’t help unfortunately. Here’s the printout:

sudo z-push-admin -a fixstates Validating and fixing states (this can take some time): Checking devicedata states: Devices: fixed 0 - ok 0 Users: removed 0 - ok 0 Checking username casings: Processed: 0 - Converted: 0 - Removed: 0 Checking available devicedata & user linking: Unlinked: 0 - Linked: 0 Checking for unreferenced (obsolete) state files: Processed: 0 - Deleted: 0

Here’s what my log shows:

29/12/2016 12:14:49 [ 9482] [ERROR] BackendCardDAV->Logon(): User 'user@domain.xyz' failed to authenticate on 'https://box.domain.xyz:443/carddav/addressbooks/user@domain.xyz'/': 29/12/2016 12:14:49 [ 9482] [ERROR] Unable to complete autodiscover because login failed for user with email 'user@domain.xyz'' 29/12/2016 12:15:27 [ 9483] [ERROR] [user@domain.xyz'] BackendCardDAV->Logon(): User 'user@domain.xyz'' failed to authenticate on 'https://box.domain.xyz:443/carddav/addressbooks/user@domain.xyz'/':

I’ve verified that the credentials are correct. Note that “user@domain.xyz” is a dummy domain/address.

Here is the dump
root@box ~ $ z-push-admin -a fixstates

Validating and fixing states (this can take some time):
Checking devicedata states: Devices: fixed 0 - ok 0 Users: removed 0 - ok 0
Checking username casings: Processed: 0 - Converted: 0 - Removed: 0
Checking available devicedata & user linking: Unlinked: 0 - Linked: 0
Checking for unreferenced (obsolete) state files: Processed: 0 - Deleted: 0

But same error.

Can that user log in to the owncloud website and open the contacts?

Yes, they can successfully log into contacts/calendar via the web interface.

I can confirm this issue is happening on my server, any new user account created after the v0.21b upgrade, users created before the upgrade are able to use ActiveSync (iOS & Outlook).

Sorry for double post but I followed the steps from usachris’s post at Broke Z-Push (Password Incorrect)

It is working for the 5 new accounts I created.

Maybe a script issue when new accounts are created?

I’m having this issue too… Think there’s something wrong with Z-Push.

@JoshData Possible bug?

Anyone made progress with this? Methinks its definitely Z-Push that’s got a problem.

So far my experience has been - Android works OK, but ONLY with admin accounts. Normal user accounts do not connect at all. Outlook 2007 and 2013 DO NOT even connect.

I have been able to reproduce this exact behavior on 0.21c also. Fresh install.

Can’t get past the password prompt. IMAP & Webmail work.

This seems to be the case for version 0.22, also.

We use a fork of z-push, sadly that hasn’t seen any updates for a year. These issues appear fixed in the upstream version. Previously that didn’t support caldav and cardav properly. Looking at the release notes they should do now. I have a few other issues that need solving, but I’m planning to look at this.

1 Like

I know this is a little bit of an old topic now but I also had the same problem.

What I found was that before I can use Exchange AS (at least on an iOS device) I had to log in to the webmail once, the contacts once, and the calendar once. Each one must be logged into for each user one time before Exchange AS will work. I am guessing that the first login creates a key that is used with Exchange AS but I’m not sure.

I was about ready to give up, but it seems to be working fine now.

Have you tried logging into Nextcloud and then trying to setup Exchange?

Worked for me.

Yes, that is exactly what I explained in the message immediately above yours.

Something about logging in to calendar & contacts allows Exchange AS to start functioning. My guess is that logging in this way generates a key that AS needs before it can work, but it’s only a guess.

1 Like

I noticed the exact same problem yesterday. You will have to log in to Nextcloud before exchange support is available for your account. A bit tedious when having a lot of accounts.

This was still happening under 0.29 - is there some way to automate the process of the new user account logging into NextCloud?

This is a serious issue - while the suggested “logging in to NextCloud” will work for a single device, it doesn’t work if you have these accounts installed on multiple iOS devices. The moment you log into a particular device with NextCloud, the other devices get the error.

As has been established, this seems to be a z-push error (hence outside of the purview of anything @JoshData can fix), but it effectively renders the Exchange feature useless for anyone with more than one device.

My only questions here :

• is the current version of MiaB using the latest version of z-push? (there has been some talking in 2017 that the more current version of z-push might have addressed this)
  • do we know if z-push developers are aware of this (considering it has been an issue dating back to 2014, I would assume so).

Has this been addressed and fixed in the latest versions?