Automatic emails not received from @kraken.com and @teamviewer.com

— for kraken (workaround temporary fix) —

i created a real alias kraken@mydomain.tld (not catch-all)

i added this alias email address /etc/postgrey/whitelist_recipients
kraken@mydomain.tld → to avoid any error log seen (Recipient address rejected: Greylisted)

I deleted previous entires added

• in /etc/postfix/sender_access
  • and /etc/postgrey/whitelist_clients

i commented in /etc/postfix/main.cf
#smtpd_sender_restrictions=reject_non_fqdn_sender,reject_unknown_sender_domain,reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch,reject_rhsbl_sender dbl.spamhaus.org
#smtpd_recipient_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,permit_mynetworks,reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org,reject_unlisted_recipient,check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:10023

i added in /etc/postfix/main.cf
smtputf8_enable=no (last log in mail.log was : status=bounced (SMTPUTF8 is required, but was not offered by host 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1])

• i updated spamassassin rules : sudo sa-update

• reboot of server (to be sure, all needed services will be started again with last config)

then i am able to receive automatic emails from kraken.com website.

– For Teamviewer —
→ very strange now, no email received…

I use MAIB for 3 years now, 1 for personnal usage, 1 for professonal usage.
I never got any email in spam folder for both of the servers (i do not understand why, not normal).

Unless this is a very temporary testing configuration, you are likely to experience unanticipated problems unless you carefully research the reason each of those parameters are configured the way they are configured and have planned for it.

There should be no reason to do anything more than configure /etc/postfix/postgrey_whitelist_recipients for the Kraken service.

For TeamViewer, there seems to be something else going on.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.